[Chat] ramp to I-83

Sarah Andrew Wilson sarah at phloot.com
Sun Apr 6 17:54:28 EDT 2003

Thanks for passing this along, Beth (and thanks to Don for the private
response).  This is really silly!  Residents of Baltimore appear to be
punished and are unable to use roads inside Baltimore while non-resident
suburbanites get to use the expressway.  How nice of the city to look
after its residents.

I'm not sure if anyone attempted to follow the detour suggested by the
road signs on 29th street, but still being not completely aware of the
Baltimore street map, I followed it one day.  It's insane!  It has
drivers follow Maryland Ave. and then complete several turns, turning
one further west before finally turning east towards the most southern
part of 83.  I discovered that St. Paul Street is much easier and more
direct.  Live and learn!

Best,
Sarah Andrew Wilson