[Chat] Losing a neighbor

Crystal cver1001 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 10:07:21 EST 2003

It was only a day or two ago that John Maguire came
by, walking Goldie and Liesle, and greeted me with a
cheery "Hi Neighbor!" At that moment, I realized a
deeper level of what a wonderful thing it was to be
part of CV and simultaneously remembered being 2 years
old, putting on my own red sweater and singing "Won't
you be my neighbor?"

Around age 4, I decided TV was bad for me and stopped
watching it, but Mr. Rogers was an exception. I
watched his show occasionally because he didn't seem
false like nearly everyone else on screen.

So it hit me pretty hard to find out he was gone. It
seems like we're losing all the really ultra good
people -- Mother Teresa, Philip Berrigan, Grace
Darrin, Justin's Dad, Laurie's Mom, Margallen Fichter
-- who's left to balance the dark side of the force? I
suppose there must be many, but you never hear about
them 'til they're gone.

http://www.sunspot.net/news/opinion/bal-ed.rogers28feb28.story
http://www.sunspot.net/features/lifestyle/bal-to.rogers28feb28.story