[Chat] jury duty

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Sat Mar 22 23:46:24 EST 2003

thank you
judy
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Emil Volcheck
  To: Charles Village Chat List
  Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2003 4:55 PM
  Subject: Re: [Chat] jury duty

  Judy,

  On Sat, 2003-03-22 at 00:04, jdy wrote:
  > r  there any civil lawyers out there i could get advise from? i am on

  Even if you're not sequestered, I'm pretty sure that you're not
  supposed to discuss deliberations outside the jury room or conduct
  your own investigations.  Even if you're just asking about how
  the Law applies to a particular case, you'd be asking an opinion
  of some attorney who's not party to the case.  I'm pretty sure
  that's frowned on.  On the other hand, maybe you could put your
  question(s) as a hypothetical, in the abstract.

  It's amazing how easily an apparently simple case can become
  complicated.  My wife and I had to sue for the return of our
  security deposit when we moved out of Saint Paul Court Apts.
  Our trial had six witnesses and lasted over 5 hours spread
  over two days.  Sorry to hear that your deliberations have
  become a nightmare.  All I can offer is that you should
  expect things to get complicated, and to speak out in the jury
  room if you think people are making decisions based on
  emotions and not facts.