[Chat] ...does anyone know?...

arjay arjay at bcpl.net
Sun May 18 22:14:07 EDT 2003

Chaz-ville,

Someone in CV knows everything about something! It's just a matter of
making contact with the right person.

I need some information.

Subject 1 - Wood Moldings. I'm reworking my front entrance. I pulled off
the old door stop molding thinking it would be easier to replace it instead of
stripping all the old paint off. The problem is that the new modern
moldings that I saw at Home Depot are much smaller in size, thinner, and
cheezy,
almost a kind of hobby grade instead of architectural grade. I want the real
stuff. Has anyone had this problem and found a solution! Walbrook Mill and
Lumber used to have some better ones but they no longer exist.

Subject 2 - "Rosettes". Some old doorways have "Rosettes". They are at
the top of the door, are part of the door "facia", they are placed between
the> vertical doorway facia plate and the top doorway facia plate, at each
upper corner of the opening. They are about 4"-5" square, about 1" thick, and
feature some kind of central carving. Some of them are just circular
flute and reed molding cuts, but others are flowered a bit, thus "Rosettes".
Awhile back I obtained a box of them from a refurbished old home. I have run
out
and would like some more. Where could I get my hands on some. Has anyone had
this problem and solved it?

Regards, Arjay