[Chat] bomb scare

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Wed May 28 00:59:51 EDT 2003

this was so surreal. u would have had to been there to appreciate what
happened.
ar'd 11pm,  tues evening,i notice many police cars on barclay & 30th sts.
then a huge white truck with 'emergency services' printed on it, drives up.
being nosey like i am i had to find out what was happening,esp. after being
told by the police that i would have to stay in my house. i wanted to know
why. at the same time people close to the corner of barclay & 30th sts.n.e.
corner, were being told they had to LEAVE their houses. i was finally told
that there was a suspicious item on the corner. it was one of the rolling
type suitcases. there was no one attached to it. no one knew who it belonged
to ssooooo,with an orange security alert, the situation was treated as a
bomb inside a suitcase. i felt a little sorry for the police. they knew as
well as i did that there was NO bomb in that suitcase. come on folks
barclay&30th???the corner was blocked off with police tape. no one could go
across 30th st or onto barclay which was closed off at 31st.
i was finally told to either go inside or be forcible removed from my home.
after what seemed like 30 mins. there was no one in sight. no cars or
anything.i'm sitting on the step leading into the doorway of my house when i
notice a metallic thing riding up the street. it was robbie robot. it was
really neat seeing it.i tiptoed out my back door,met up with my neighbors on
vineyard lane, hid behind these smelly dumpsters, and we watched everything.
i took some pictures of robbie examining the suitcase. i don't know if they
will come out but hope so.then all of a sudden there is a big explosion.
robbie exploded the suitcase open. unfortunately we were not able to see the
contents. we all were sneaking ar'd the hidden walkways that lead to the
alley in hopes of catching a glimpse of anything. it was not to be.
i do think that us 4 women would make good detectives:))
the one thing we were all wondering is, if u think there  r  explosives in a
suitcase or whatever,why explode it. wouldn't  that make the explosion
worse??

and now bush is hinting around about iran.

judy