[Chat] Mayor's Spring Cleaning/Dumpsters

PaulineCVCBD at aol.com PaulineCVCBD at aol.com
Mon Apr 19 13:31:52 EDT 2004

All,

   Thanks to all who helped make things cleaner and more pleasant on
Saturday. As is said, "actions speak louder than words". From my vantage point at the
23rd. and Guilford table, between 7:00 and 1:00 p.m. I counted 16 Red CVCBD
sanitation Truck pick ups and numerous others by volunteers including Peter
Duvall. It was inspiring to see all types of trucks, from new to ancient, pass by
on the way to the dumpsters. The response from the Old Goucher/Barclay
neighborhood was phenomenal and a big thank you to the ladies at Ebeneezer Baptist
Church and Sandra Coles for the wonderful food !

   During my trips to Sisson Street or Reisterstown Rd. to dump, in my
experience is it depends the employees on duty. Some are very helpful, others
useless. The reason they ask for i.d. from us is to try and prevent small haulers
from taking up all the space locally. They are supposed to go to Pulaski highway
to dump, and leave Sisson Street for citizens with a little of this and that,
and recyclable. By the way, the Reistertown Road location is easier to use,
we simply back up the Jeep and the dumpsters are below. At Sisson, we have
actually seen people trying to throw up into the dumpsters (10,12 ft.) , because
city employees told them to.

  Just to clear up a misunderstanding, our helpful Vista Liz does live in the
neighborhood! She also volunteers at VLP and with greening issues.

Pauline

Pauline Davis
Housing & Economic Development Director
Charles Village Community Benefits District
2301 North Charles Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21218
www.charlesvillage.org