[Chat] Fwd: Adopt a swing state precinct with MoveOn PAC

WeinsteinM at aol.com WeinsteinM at aol.com
Wed Aug 11 18:55:20 EDT 2004

I noticed that quite a few CV'ers signed up for the last MoveOn PAC activity,
the Sunday afternoon voter-registration cell-phone phone bank, so I thought
folks would be interested in this latest way to have an impact on the election
in the swing states!
-Matthew

 Subj: Adopt a swing state neighborhood -- from MD
Date: Wednesday, August 11, 2004 3:25:06 PM
From: moveon-help at list.moveon.org

Just because you don't live in a 'swing' state doesn't mean you have to miss
out on the action. We're looking for 10,000 folks to adopt a battleground
state neighborhood. Can we count on you to be one of those leaders?
 Find out more and sign up now!

Dear MoveOn member,
 We’re going for it.
 Last week, MoveOn PAC members gave over $2.1 million to launch Leave No
Voter Behind: MoveOn PAC's Neighbor-to-Neighbor Victory Drive to turn out 440,000
additional votes for Kerry from 10,000 targeted neighborhoods. We're bowled
over by this level of enthusiasm, but to make it work, we'll also need tens of
thousands of volunteer leaders like you.
 Just because you don't live in one of the 'swing' states doesn't mean you
have to sit this election out. We're looking for 10,000 people to adopt a key
battleground state voting district, or 'precinct'. These volunteers will partner
with local residents in that precinct to contact a few hundred voters,
educate them on the issues and the candidates, and turn them out to vote. The Goal:
40 or more additional votes for Kerry per precinct, enough to tip the balance
in this close a race. Using new online tools plus coordinated road trips and
phone calling, we will help you focus your energy where it matters the most.
 Help us Leave No Voter Behind by adopting a precinct. For more info and to
sign up, just click here:
 http://www.moveonpac.org/precinctpartners/signup.html
 We know that talking to people about the election might sound intimidating,
but MoveOn PAC members who have tried it are almost always glad they did, and
we'll train you ahead of time to make sure you're prepared.
 Can we count you in? Sign up now to be a Precinct Partner:
 http://www.moveonpac.org/precinctpartners/signup.html
 Florida taught us in 2000 that just a handful of votes can decide a
presidential election and the fate of a nation, and it may come down to a handful
again this year. Through personal contact with voters as a part of Leave No Voter
Behind, you can make that difference. Together we plan take our country back.
This is our chance to make history--with your help.

Thanks for all that you do.
 Sincerely,
 --Adam Ruben, Field Director
  MoveOn PAC
  Wednesday, August 11th, 2004
 PS: If you can’t commit to being a leader at this point, but want to support
this important effort, please make a contribution to this program today at:
https://www.moveonpac.org/donate/leavenovoterbehind.html
 PAID FOR BY MOVEON PAC www.moveonpac.org
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.