[Chat] Re: [Discussion] Free 9 drawer, 2 mirror Dresser & matching 2 drawer n ightstand

Crystal charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 13 14:40:04 EDT 2004

Yep.  My folks, especially my Mom, haven't been doing
well healthwise and my Dad's business recently had
several engineers leave for various family reasons,
including one family that lost a child.  Another
fellow was really not happy about leaving the company
and started crying at his going-away party.  It hasn't
been easy on anybody.

So, Dad asked me to come back and pick up where I left
off three years ago working on advanced airplane
engine components and such.  I said yes.  Justin's
staying in Baltimore, however.  We did the lost
distance dating thing for a few years, now we'll do
the long distance marriage thing until he finishes his
degree at UMD.  Justin's brother and his wife are in a
similar situation with him working in one state and
her going to grad school in another.  But I have a
Great Aunt with an even longer distance marriage --
she lives in Rockville, her husband lives in Scotland,
while they pursue their careers.  Also, my neighbor is
doing medical research in Baltimore, while his wife
had to return to Spain to keep her job.

Justin and I keep going around saying "I'm going to
miss this" and "I'm going to miss that."  When we
bought this house, we thought we would stay here
forever.  As I said, this isn't easy on anybody, but
it should work out for the best in the long run.  In
fact, this may put us in pretty good shape to leave
the U.S. soon if we want to.  Earlier, I was surprised
at the number of highly educated people who said they
didn't want to come to the U.S. after 9/11.  More
recently, I've been surprised at the number of people
that are feeling the same way that I am --
essentially, that if half the people in the U.S.
really and truly feel that Bush is doing a great job,
then I'd like to live somewhere else.  There are other
countries where more people have similar ideals as I
do.  You know, things like "innocent until proven
guilty" and that basic health care and education are a
right, not a privilege.  People like to say that the
U.S. is the best, but it's not.  Sure, there are worse
places, but how can we hold our heads up as a "first"
world country, when people are returning to their
"third" world countries because their living
conditions in the U.S. were actually worse?

Justin and I were up in Canada recently and read a
"big" crime story about a disabled fellow who ran his
scooter into another person and "almost knocked [him]
into the prickle bushes!"  Sounds much better to me
than living in a country where it is becoming "normal"
to build gated enclaves from which people in amoured
SUVs rarely venture out.  But watch out for Kiko if he
goes on a rampage!

:)

Crystal