[Chat] Re: [Discussion] ...New Furnace??...

Crystal charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 12:13:45 EST 2004

I was really pleased with the work done by the John E.
Ruth Company to replace our furnace. The Master
Plumber/Gas Fitter who handled the estimation and
contract details was Jim Arnold and he can be reached
at 410-747-0678.

His home improvement license registration # is 83910
and you can look him up, as well as any other
contractors that you may be considering, at
https://www.dllr.state.md.us/secdocs/pq/home_imprv.cfm?board=HomeImprovement
. The system is set up only to show whether or not a
person or business is licensed. If you want to know
whether anyone has lodged a complaint, I believe you
can find out by calling the Home Improvement
Commission at 410-230-6231.

I found something interesting at
http://www.dllr.state.md.us/license/occprof/homeim.html
. It says that there are new laws and compensation to
protect homeowners as long as they use licensed
contractors. I don't expect you'll need it if you go
with the John Ruth Company for the furnace, but you
might need it someday.

Unfortunately I've forgotten the name of the fellow
who actually did the work -- it may have been Mike. He
said he'd worked for the John E. Ruth Company for more
than 25 years. He was very thorough, he showed up on
time, finished on schedule, cleaned up afterward, and
when I had to run out for a minor emergency, he locked
up the basement when he left, leaving the key and
parking pass inside. Including a bunch of unusual pipe
work and replacing a massive, cracked utility sink, I
believe we spent $4,000.

Good luck!

Crystal

=====
Give the gift of relaxation to yourself
and others: A hammock or a hammock chair.
http://www.twinoakstore.com/