[Chat] moore's 911

Dale Ghent daleg at elemental.org
Thu Jul 1 21:32:58 EDT 2004

On Jul 1, 2004, at 9:06 PM, Christine Gray wrote:

> http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm

Another Dave Kopel pursuit of self-validation.

Michael Moore left out a LOT of info, but the content he chose to put
into his film cut straight to the point. There are tons of related
tangents and sub-plots he could have followed, but in the 122 minutes
he limited himself to, he chose wisely.

Who cares what the "FLORIDA VICTORY" sign in back of Gore in the
opening scene implied. It was there. It was real. It's a sign that any
candidate would have up to rally the supporters.

Who cares about David Kopel trying to invalidate Moore's critique of
Bush's inaction in the minutes after 9am on 9/11 ... by including the
opinion of some school teacher? If I were Bush, having already been
told one plane had hit the towers, and then another followed, I would
have excused myself politely but purposefully from the children and
gotten on the matter. This in-the-moment image-making is high
school-level stupidity.

In David's other rebuttals, he throws them out as-is without any
tangible bibliography.

"Moore is wrong because so-and-so said this to the contrary." Well,
that's great. How are we supposed to know so-and-so actually said that.

/dale