[Chat] moore's 911

Crystal charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 22:22:56 EDT 2004

Well, I've only gotten to the 4th sentence of the
intro and I already see a problem with this piece. The
author says "let us start with Moore’s belief that the
September 11 attacks on the United States were
insignificant."

I don't think Michael Moore has said anything like
that at all. Indeed, I would argue that he has treated
the attacks with more respect than many in the current
administration. In any case, the quote that is
attributed to him is not decitful. There is still a
much higher statistical likelihood that a person will
be struck by lightening than die from a terrorist
attack. So, precautions should be sensible. We don't
need to scare everyone into hiding inside their homes
and mortgaging the country's future.

-- Crystal

http://www.davekopel.com/Terror/Fiftysix-Deceits-in-Fahrenheit-911.htm