[Chat] Crystal is leaving us!

Crystal charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 10 12:54:05 EDT 2004

Emil,

As a matter of fact, we started a wedding registry at
Amazon.com last year when I was looking at really big
wood working equipment. It just tickled me that it was
possible to add a several hundred pound piece of
industrial equipment (a planer) to a wedding registry.
Just goes to show that standard web page forms can
create some interesting situations. Anyway, we put
some normal stuff on it later in the year and I just
put some more normal stuff on the list today. I think
Justin would really love the fondue pots -- we had a
really good time at the Melting Pot in Towson a few
months ago. So, if anyone has an old set that is just
collecting dust in their attic, we'd love to have it.
Since we eloped, we're probably not going to get a
whole lot of presents, but we have gotten lots of good
wishes!

The original planer has disappeared from the list,
probably because it's not being offered anymore, but I
added a substitute model for it's interesting story
... Check it out at
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006ANS6/qid=1086884105/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/104-1467203-7581517?v=glance&s=home-garden

Oh yeah, if you want to give us a present, the
registry is at
http://www.amazon.com/o/registry/2SYXICQJB5QPO
Thanks!

Justin's looking for an apartment near the UMD Nursing
School. So he's been checking out areas such as
Ridgely's Delight. Environmental Health Nursing is a
unique field and I believe the only school offering it
is UMD. There's an option to combine it with a
traditional Master's in Public Health, plus a teaching
certificate. We're not sure just now if Justin will do
all three, or some other combination. Since it is a
new field, the path hasn't really been laid for what
the degree will do. We expect that it will be useful
for things such as identifying toxic exposure areas,
similar to Love Canal, and also for working with EMTs
at sites where there is uncertainty about exposures,
for example the Howard Street Tunnel fire. Like a lot
of male nurses, Justin is good at handling critical
care and emergency situations.

For a thesis project, the Environmental Justice
project that we've started with the Greater Baltimore
Sierra Club should be perfect and will likely deal
with the high cancer and asthma rates in Baltimore
City.

-- Crystal