[Chat] Freecycle (was re: wheelchair)

Kathleen Wilsbach kwilsbach at speakeasy.net
Thu Jun 24 01:17:59 EDT 2004

>i have a wheelchair i would like to give to
>someone who really  really needs its. if any one
>knows any one who desperately need one pls let
>me know.
>it is not state of the art. not electric. all
>manual which means it has to be pushed by
>someone. it does have  foot rests.
>thanks,
>judy

I heard about this from two different sources in the same
week.  www.freecycle.org

It's a grassroots movement of people who are
giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own
towns. Each local group is run by a local
volunteer moderator (them's good people).
Membership is free.

I haven't tried it out yet but I was thinking that I have this
big plastic rooftop clamshell carrier that we used to move here
from Los Angeles.  It's been sitting in storage almost 10 years now.
I think it's time to let go of it and give it to someone who is
going to use it.
--
Kathleen Wilsbach
kwilsbach at mac.com