[Chat] Crime prevention flier

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Mon Mar 15 11:21:15 EST 2004

Attention
Northern District Residents

We are fast approaching the time of year where yard and lawn maintenance take up a good portion of our time. While you are beautifying your home & yard, please be mindful of the following:

* Keep your garages and sheds locked.
* Mark your lawn equipment i.e.: mowers, weed eaters, leaf blowers etc. with your drivers license, state identification number or home address.
* Do not leave your equipment unattended.
* Thieves can quickly enter your home through open windows and doors while you are gardening in your yard.
* Record the brand, model and serial number of all of your lawn equipment and bicycles.
* Keep your shrubbery trimmed away from windows and doors to maintain clear visibility.
* Ensure that your outdoor lighting is adequate and in good working order.
* If you see anything suspicious do not hesitate to call the police 311/911.

The Northern District Community Relations Office can provide a home security survey. This survey will provide you with some tips to better secure your home and garage. To schedule a survey call Officer Jon Walter or Officer Doug Gibson at 410-367-8491.