[Chat] report on website outage

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Thu May 20 19:53:19 EDT 2004

To all members of the Discussion List and Chat List:

My web hosting provider had a serious outage for about
five days from Saturday through this morning.
The head of the company sent me an email saying that
a former employee sabotaged their servers, which
caused the extended delay.

I'm sorry for any confusion, inconvenience, and bounced
mail you may have experienced due to this outage.
I'm unhappy that my hosting provider took so long to
fix the problem, so I may take my business
elsewhere.  However, for the moment, all mailing lists
are back to normal.

Thanks,

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org