[Chat] roofer

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Mon Nov 8 22:54:27 EST 2004

My neighbor Rollin asked me to recommend a roofer.

We had McDermott & Son do our roof.  We didn't pick them ourselves
though.  Nancy Hubble hired them to put a new roof on before we moved
in, and we have to use them to maintain the guarantee on the roof.
They seem competent but I can't give a strong recommendation.  There's
still some leaking around our skylight after the last coating, and we
thought they were going to seal that up.  Then again, it might be a
leak in the skylight itself.

Does anybody else have a good roofer to recommend?

FYI: Silver coat for our roof cost us $600.  That's supposed to
decrease roof temperature and save air-conditioning in the summer.

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://acm.org/~volcheck