[Chat] New bookstore and coffeehouse in Mt. Vernon

Crystal charlesvillager2002 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 22 16:27:57 EDT 2004

A friend from the days when I commuted by MARC train
is opening a collective bookstore/coffeehouse with a
bunch of other people (obviously -- it's a
collective). It's called Red Emma's and it's at the
corner of Saint Paul and Madison Streets, where the
Alice in Wonderland Liquor Store used to be.

You can get more info at http://www.redemmas.com/ or
by emailing info at redemmas.org .

I think they're still working on getting funds to have
the Grand Opening, and one piece of the fundraising
effort is a "Cheap Art Auction" for which they are
gathering donations of art, found objects, etc.

They have collective meetings every Thursday at 8pm,
if you'd like to stop by.

-- Crystal