[Chat] Re: [Discussion] Local history of street names and signs

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Sat Aug 13 18:13:56 EDT 2005

Most of the numbered streets between North Ave (once Boundary Avenue) were
named when they were still part of Baltimore County (pre 1888).  Here is a
website with pictures of some of the markers like Steve found.  I do know
that 20th street was Denmead, and 24th was Oak St..  I will see if I have
any maps on others.

http://www.btco.net/ghosts/signals/engraved/engravedsigns.html

Sincerely,

W. Brad Schlegel