[Chat] walking groups

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Sat Feb 5 11:07:56 EST 2005

Christine,

The local Sierra Club chapter and the Mountain Club of Maryland both
have hiking trips.  Offhand, I do not know the web sites, but maybe
google will find them.

As to just walking in the area, there are some of us who do a lot of it
on our own, but I do not know of anything organized.  Maybe you want to
use the chat and discussion lists to organize something.  I frequently
walk to the inner harbor, but I am not aware of others who do so.  And
my walking there is usually tied to errands I need to do (e.g. I will
probably walk to City Hall Tuesday for the Neighborhood Cabinet meeting,
then walk to Whole Foods to get some groceries, and depending on how
much I am carrying then, I will either walk home or take the bus).

When the Baltimore Village Food Coop opens later this month on the east
side of the 2400 block of St. Paul St., hopefully I will no longer need
to go to Whole Foods as often, so a recreational walking club will be of
more interest to me.  If you get a group together, I will be glad to
join you.

Steve.