[Chat] Rats galore

OldHouseHistory at aol.com OldHouseHistory at aol.com
Tue Feb 22 11:20:12 EST 2005

We put out a bird feeder this winter, which first concerned us that  rats
would be attracted to the dropped food.  Instead, we have three or  four alley
cats sitting atop our fence, watching the birds safely eating at a  distance
(including a pair of cardinals).  I think the night and  day stake out by the
cats is keeping the rats at bay.  We also  blocked the lower portion of our fence
so they can't run from one yard to  another, or in from the alley.

We may have the whole food chain out there soon.

Paul K.  Williams
Kelsey & Associates, Inc.
Preserving Architectural  History
2629 Guilford Avenue