[Chat] Rats galore

John Spurrier jfspur at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 23 10:07:52 EST 2005

One of my first experiences with the CVCBD occurred when the Benefits
District had a community
organizer on its staff. Residents of 27th Street, the west side of the 2700
block of St. Paul and the east side of the 2700 block of N. Charles Street
gathered on Lovegrove (our back alley) to work on rat eradication. About a
12-15 residents joined CVCBD employee Mike Bardoff in touring the alley,
locating rat burrows and identifying food sources. The following week my
next door neighbor and I baited and sealed rat holes near our properties. I
just spoke with David Ponder who indicated that the CVCBD has six packs of
rat poison available for $2.50.

John