[Chat] Rats galore

Moscatt at aol.com Moscatt at aol.com
Wed Feb 23 09:11:01 EST 2005

We discovered some rat holes a while back.  After  making inquiries we were
able to obtain free rat poison packets from one of  the city offices, I think
it was where the building inspector's office is some  where on Greenmount going
north.  It was a while ago and my spouse whose  memory is better than mine
probably knows the exact office location.  At  present she is viewing the
Christo gates in New York but will be back to  chide and correct me (as well as
charm, cook food and help me take care of the  animals) if I am wrong on this.

The poison seeding procedure we use comes from some goverment  printout.  You
push the packets into the rat holes as deep as possible,  then you put in
rocks, glass, cans, etc., and finally cover with dirt.  The  theory is that the
rat families are inside and then can't get out.   Planting rat poison with free
access just attracts rats and there is a never  ending supply of those.  A
coordinated effort where all owners on an alley  investigate and take care of
rat domains this way will make a dent in the rat  population.

This happens from time to time but you need to have some one put the time
and energy into organizing.  If we had a neighborhood organization which
promised benefits of some sort to our various districts, they could gather the  city
information and available supplies - poisons, traps etc., and make them
available to the citizens.  Maybe they do.

Paul