[Chat] Google search of Chat List

crg langwidge at erols.com
Mon Jan 17 16:01:56 EST 2005

Emil,

What is htdig?

Christine

-----Original Message-----
From: Chat-bounces at charlesvillage.info
[mailto:Chat-bounces at charlesvillage.info] On Behalf Of Emil Volcheck
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 3:56 PM
To: chat at charlesvillage.info
Subject: [Chat] Google search of Chat List

Folks,

I added a link on the main page

http://www.CharlesVillage.info

that does a Google search of the site, including
the Chat List.

For instance, if you type in "roofer", you get
as first hit an email from Didon recommending
Liberty Roofing.  Or if you type in "handyman",
you get a couple postings.

This does give you a page with ads generated by Google.

If anybody is bothered by the ads or is uncomfortable
with making it this easy to search the Chat List,
please let me know.  I can easily remove it.

I had plans to try to add a site search feature that
I would run on my site, like htdig, but I've been
so busy that I haven't gotten around to it.  I decided
to see how difficult it would be to use Google, and
it took me five minutes to read and paste in the
HTML code they have on their website, and Google seems
to be indexing CharlesVillage.info pretty well, which
surprised me.  I didn't think we would rate like that.

Best wishes,

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://acm.org/~volcheck