[Chat] Letter to the Mayor: Add your name

Didon Pachner pachner at worldnet.att.net
Sun Jan 23 14:48:42 EST 2005

Hi All,

If you haven't already sent a letter to the Mayor and would like your name to be included in the

following letter, please send me your name and address by tonight.  I will add this info to the

letter before sending it off to the Mayor tomorrow.

Thanks,

Didon

---------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         January  22 2005

The Honorable Martin OMalley
City Hall
100 N. Holliday Street
Baltimore, MD 21202

Dear Mayor O'Malley:

Those of us in Greater Charles Village, which includes The Abell Community, Harwood and more, are deeply concerned about the steep increase in serious crime in recent months.

There are many of us who have been, and will continue to be willing, ready and able to work with our various community associations to form plans of action to combat this trend, and try to help keep our streets safe.  However, we desperately need the backing and support of all our city services, particularly an adequately staffed police force.

The main piece in this puzzle is having a concerned, responsive police presence on our streets, which in turn will make it possible for involved residents to be out, visible, and doing their part to improve the community as a whole.

We feel the time has come to address this issue in all its aspects, and appreciate the cooperation of the Mayor, and others at City Hall for listening to our concerns, and working with us to keep our community healthy.

Respectfully,