[Chat] scam

jdy jberlin at bcpl.net
Fri Mar 4 02:13:49 EST 2005

Blanki had an interesting phone call thurs.  someone called, sounding very official,  urgently stating he needed to talk with my mother.  he refused to tell me what it was about until he got permission from my mother.  after going ar'd the mullberry bush, i arranged for him to get this permission and NOTHING else.
turns out, he claims he is from a MRS Associates, which is, according to him, a financial institution. he claimed my mother had an unpaid bill which needed to be resolved. what was scary was he knew all my mother's previous 4 addresses, including one i had never heard of.  he stated there have been charges and payments up until july'04.
i informed him my mother had no charge accounts. he claimed they were from "citibank-sears". i'v never heard of this. he insinuated that if my mother didn't make those charges then they must have been done by me or my daughter.  bottom line, he wanted to give me the unpaid balance so i could " WIRE" him the money. i informed him i would have to talk with my attorney first. this made him very angry. he yelled, your lawyer has nothing to do with this. i then yelled back at him and hung up.
i plan on calling the attorney general's office fri.
watch out for any phone calls by someone named "John Jervey" assistant dir of operations with MRS associates.
the number he gave me was 1-877-774-7994---ext 3100. my caller i.d. listed the number as being 1-856-488-2198 or 2187. this exchange was in new jersey. i'm trying to do a reverse lookup with the phone number but no luck yet. i really want to get this bastard. somebody is going to fall for this and wire him money. maybe i should have played along to get more info. live and learn.

judy