[Chat] Baltimore crime stats

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Tue Mar 8 12:58:40 EST 2005

If you want to get information from the Baltimore City Police on crimes
that have occurred in a particular neighborhood (e.g. Charles Village or
Abell or Harwood), go to the following web site (which I got to
originally by starting at www.ci.baltimore.md.us ):

http://141.157.54.34/bpdmaps/

Note that there is no "www".  After you click "OK", you will get a
screen with a number of options.  I have so far searched by
neighborhood.  When you get a new screen for "neighborhood", set the
district to "Northern" to get a new screen, and make your choices.  You
will get a map.  To the left of the map, you can click on "View Table"
to see the crimes listed in a new window in tabular form.  I notice that
at the moment, there are no crimes listed after Feb. 18 for Charles
Village, so clearly there is a delay of more than 2 weeks in posting
crimes to this web site.

Steve.