[Chat] random chat

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Mon May 2 00:56:23 EDT 2005

Just some random musings...

We're down to only 29 days until the launch of the
world's first Solar Sail spacecraft:

    http://www.planetary.org/solarsail/index.html  .

Yesterday Saturday was the last day for Mick the Pirate's
shop on the Avenue in Hampden.  Kathleen and I stopped by
to buy Garrett County maple syrup at half-price.  I could
not believe all the different kinds of conserved food in
cans and jars that are made in Maryland.  Ratatouille in
a jar from a company in Reiseterstown.  A Liberian hot
pepper sauce from Elkridge.  Every item of food there was
made in Maryland.  Great idea, but I guess he just didn't
have the sales revenue to support the rent.  I hope he
still keeps coming to the Farmer's Market.  Kathleen
and I like his pineapple salsa.

Kathleen and I have been watching the latest season of
episodes of the Flash animation series "Making Fiends"
by Amy Winfrey:

    http://www.makingfiends.com  .

It's about two schoolgirls, an evil mad scientist girl
named Vendetta, and a pollyanna-like good girl Charlotte.

It's a lot of fun.  Winfrey also did http://www.muffinfilms.com .

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://acm.org/~volcheck