[Chat] Fw: Youthworks 2005

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Mon May 9 11:08:32 EDT 2005

 Dear 14th District Leaders and Neighbors,
The Mayor is adding $ million to this summer's budget for minimum wage jobs
for youth, ages 14 (by June 15) to 21. This means 1,000 more jobs than last
summer. Applicants must live in Baltimore City. There are no income limits
or requirements.
It's "first come, first served" to get one of these jobs. But if you know an
eligible youth who wants a job, here's how to help.
Pick-up an application at the Workforce Reception Center, 100 West 23rd
Street. Call ahead to make sure that applications are available and during
which hours (410-396-6214).
Youth applicants must bring their completed applications to the Workforce
Reception Center ASAP BEFORE MAY 27.
Hours are Mondays and Fridays, 8:30am - 4:30pm. At this time, applicants
will be interviewed. Applications must be accompanied by the applicant's:
- Social Security card,
- birth certificate,
- photo ID card OR school report card OR a school progress report.
Males 18 or older must also bring their Selective Service card.
As long as they have signed the application, parents and guardians are not
required to accompany youth applicants to the Workforce Reception Center.
Parents and guardians are asked to help their young people by making sure
they complete the application correctly and have all required identification
when they go to apply.
We have circulated this information in the neighborhoods as best we can, but
the 14th needs to do better in the future in getting out the word of
competitive youth opportunities.
Please let me know if you or a representative of your group will join a 14th
District Youth Opportunities Task Force to help us get on top of emerging
youth opportunities in the future, so our children have the best chances to
take advantage of whatever the City and private sector have to offer.
Thanks. Please RSVP via e-mail or by calling me at 410-366-2023 (h) or
410-396-4814 (o). Mary Pat Clarke

Mary Pat Clarke
Baltimore City Council, 14th District
550 City Hall