[Chat] The Book Thing

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Sat May 7 17:08:54 EDT 2005

I just visited the Book Thing at its new location (3001 Vineyard Lane)
this afternoon.  The place is huge.  Whatever category of books you
want, you can find that section.  I was amazed that I easily found quite
a few books in French (and other languages are also available).  As far
as I know, they are still open on Saturdays and Sundays.  (For those who
may not be familiar with the Book Thing, all they do is give away books;
go browse, and whatever interests you, just take it.  Sometimes, a book
is in the wrong section -- it's not easy for volunteers to decide
quickly on the category of an unfamiliar title).  But just go and
enjoy.  And if you are running out of room for some of your books, they
love to get donations.

Steve.