[Chat] Watch the register at Giant

John Spurrier jfspur at hotmail.com
Sun May 29 09:00:45 EDT 2005

There are two possible scenarios that would explain items coming through the
checkout at prices that are different than what the consumer expected. Both
involve human error.

Sometimes the party responsible for changing prices each week either enters
the wrong price or
forgets to make the change. Other times the label on the shelf still
reflects the sale price, when the
registers have already been changed back  to the regular price.

I seriously doubt that there is some sort of conspiracy here. Gaining a
reputation for cheating customers would be the death of most retail
businesses. It certainly is not in Giant's best interest
to overcharge customers.

Steve makes a very good point. We need to pay attention to make sure things
come through at
the right price. As the child of a father who grew up during the depression,
this is just common sense.

John

John Spurrier
Your LIVE BALTIMORE Preferred Realtor