[Chat] Fw: [I-NEIGHBORS] Stay Alert

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Wed Nov 30 11:01:27 EST 2005

 This message was sent by one of your neighbors using I-Neighbors.org.
-------------------------

Perhaps you could pass this around to folks.
Yesterday, midmorning (Tuesday, Nov. 29) I called the cops on a couple
of guys who seemed to be casing the neighborhood. I saw them on our 600
block of West University Pkwy., knocking on doors and peering into
ground-floor windows and gazing up at second-floor windows (or copper
gutters perhaps.) I watched em go from house to house and when they
approached our house, I popped out and confronted them and they
stammered something about wondering if we needed gutters cleaned. They
didn't have any tools or truck that I could see. I told them NO and
they zipped off, heading north on University. I dialed 911. A neighbor
on Keswick answered the door, got the same gutter story, and also
called the police.
They were both white guys in maybe their late 20s or 30s. The one who
knocked had dark hair, a moustache, I think, and a red & black plaid
jacket or shirt. The other guy who hung back by the street had lighter
hair I think and a blue bandana.

 * Community up in arms? Contact your elected representatives *
 *           GovLink at www.i-neighbors.org                   *