[Chat] Fw: [I-NEIGHBORS] Stay Alert

Brad Schlegel william.schlegel at us.army.mil
Wed Nov 30 11:12:58 EST 2005

 This message was sent by one of your neighbors using I-Neighbors.org. -------------------------

Thanks for the message Diana.

I'd also like to say my elderly neighbor paid a man to rake his leaves a few weeks ago. The man came back later that night saying he needed money to see his friend who had just been shot.  After being refused, he tried to come in to the house to use the phone.  Luckily, my neighbor who has several times been a victim of crime, did not let him in and called the police. Everyone should be careful and please keep an eye out for those who are more vulnerable.

Diana Mitchell <dmitchell at GREATERHOMEWOOD.ORG> wrote:
  This message was sent by one of your neighbors using I-Neighbors.org.
  -------------------------

  Perhaps you could pass this around to folks.
  Yesterday, midmorning (Tuesday, Nov. 29) I called the cops on a couple
  of guys who seemed to be casing the neighborhood. I saw them on our 600
  block of West University Pkwy., knocking on doors and peering into
  ground-floor windows and gazing up at second-floor windows (or copper
  gutters perhaps.) I watched em go from house to house and when they
  approached our house, I popped out and confronted them and they
  stammered something about wondering if we needed gutters cleaned. They
  didn't have any tools or truck that I could see. I told them NO and
  they zipped off, heading north on University. I dialed 911. A neighbor
  on Keswick answered the door, got the same gutter story, and also
  called the police.
  They were both white guys in maybe their late 20s or 30s. The one who
  knocked had dark hair, a moustache, I think, and a red & black plaid
  jacket or shirt. The other guy who hung back by the street had lighter
  hair I think and a blue bandana.