[Chat] Two Sisters Grille is a success!

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Fri Dec 22 12:00:36 EST 2006

Hello, neighbors,

Today the Two Sisters Grille opened at 27th and Howard.

Kathleen and I just returned from eating a late breakfast there, and
we were favorably impressed.  We had eggs, home fries, blueberry
pancakes, and a waffle.  They were all quite tasty and were just as
good as at Pete's Grille.  The home fries and blueberry pancakes were
excellent.  The service was also fast (probably because there were
only six customers total).

Two Sisters is open every day of the week from 7 to 7 Sunday
through Thursday, and 7 to 11 Friday and Saturday.
The phone number is (410) 467-0550.

Debbie and Cathy started the Two Sisters Grille.  They both worked at
Pete's for about twenty years.  A few years ago they had the idea of
starting their own place.  About four or five months ago is when they
learned that the Korean bar, 1.7th Generation, would be closing and
that the property would become available.  The place still very much
looks like a bar.  The restaurant has two levels: a wooden bar up
front, and tables on a raised area in the back.  The kitchen is
separate, so you don't get to see the cook working, but then there's
also less smoke.

The liquor license transferred over with no trouble.  They don't
have beer on tap yet but will soon.

Lou (former owner of Pete's) was there today, giving advice and
teasing them.

Dialogue overheard:

Lou: How much for one of your mugs?

Cathy: five dollars.

Lou: five dollars for a mug?

Cathy: It's five dollars for the memories, which are priceless.

Lou: Back at the other place, it was only two-fifty.  Oh, wait,
we jacked them up to five too!

Also overheard:

Lou (to a customer): Excuse me, you can't bus you your
own table.  We have waitresses for that.  (Looks at Cathy)

We have a great new restaurant in Charles Village.  I hope
you get to try it out.

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://acm.org/~volcheck