[Chat] CVCBD: Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Training

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Fri Jan 13 17:06:36 EST 2006

This training is actually provided by the Baltimore City Fire Department
as part of a city-wide program of emergency preparedness.  Because there
are quite a few possible disasters (and most do not involve terrorism)
that could affect our community, it is a good idea to be prepared.  For
example, a railroad tunnel goes next to 26th St., and none of us have
any idea of what hazardous materials are transported through that
tunnel; recall the fire in the Howard St. Tunnel.  The more of us get
training, the better chance we have to survive if something bad happens.

Steve.