[Chat] fyi crime

Mariann Millard qbdmar at cavtel.net
Mon Jul 3 09:15:45 EDT 2006

Dawna,

I cannot tell you how sorry I am that this has happened to
you!!!  I'm so glad you're all safe, but what a horrible and
scary event.

I called 911 the other night around 3 am as I was awakened
by the sounds of glass breaking at least 3 times somewhere
near the front of my house on St. Paul (it sounded like
someone was breaking into a car).  Police came pronto,
didn't find anything, talked to me, but said they'd also
double-check the alleys.  The next morning I found broken
liquor bottles/glass everywhere in the road and on the
sidewalk near the frat house, so I cleaned it up as anybody
else would do living in the neighborhood.  I suspect it was
someone walking along and having a grand time under the
influence (and no, I don't think it was the few, remaining
frat boys, they've worked hard at being good neighbors this
past semester!).

All in all it was a pretty spooky experience esp. since the
street was illuminated as usual and it was otherwise very
quiet in the dead of night...and it could have been much
worse...

Mariann