[Chat] fyi crime

Emily Chalmers echalmers at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 4 10:19:30 EDT 2006

Hi all--

Just thought I'd add that you're not really safe anywhere in Baltimore. I
recently moved to Mayfield, having sold my house in CV for a variety of
reasons, crime among them. I thought I would be safer here.

After moving in, I learned that this house had been broken into less than a
year ago.  I keep my Club in the patio door now.  I've had to run onto a
stranger's front porch when a suspicious youth headed straight at me while
I was walking down the street two blocks from my house.  And then there are
the kids hiding drugs in the alley and the weird-looking guy walking along
the street at 7:30 on Sunday morning who probably left me alone only
because I was wielding a large, heavy shovel . . .

So it goes. Some days I just hope I'll get out of Baltimore alive.

Best,

Emily