[Chat] The TARDIS lands tomorrow on SciFi!

Andre Barnett barnettandre at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 17 09:54:07 EST 2006

Yay!  I think Nico is the Doctor in disguise and Hobble is his assistant.

Andre
TGIV

For all you "Whovians" in Charles Village, the new Dr. Who series
starts tomorrow Friday at 9 PM on the SciFi channel!  This is a
high-quality production from BBC Wales, starring Christopher Eccleston
and Billie Piper as the Doctor and his assistant Rose.  I grabbed DVDs
of the series at the Farpoint convention up in Hunt Valley a few weeks
back, and Kathleen and I watched the whole thing.  I liked it.  She
liked it too, and she was never a big fan of the show (although we
both liked Tom Baker as the 4th Doctor).  Kathleen says that
Eccleston combines the zaniness of Tom Baker with the vulnerability
of Peter Davison.

Even if you've never watched Dr. Who before, you might
want to see an episode.

They really do things in a big way on the show.  You get to see No. 10
Downing Street hit by a cruise missile, and you get to see the Earth
destroyed when the Sun finally runs out of hydrogen and turns into a
Red Giant in the year umpteen zillion.  What's not to like?

Emil Volcheck