[Chat] The Hopkins Store

Christine Gray langwidge at erols.com
Fri Nov 17 09:26:52 EST 2006

We used to call the store where Donna's is "the dink."  I don't know why.  I
think its actual name was The Hopkins Store.

The people who worked there were sort of grayish and quiet and in their own
world-in my opinion

There was a lunch counter there at one time.  It might have had a pharmacy.

It was never a busy place.

One thing about it that always surprised me was that no matter what you
needed, the Dink would have it-no matter how arcane-eyelash curlers,
Coca-Cola syrup, staplers, flea powder, games and puzzles, pacifiers,
detergent, lighter flints-yet the shelves always seemed nearly bare.

Christine Gray

  _____