[Chat] JHU/CV get together this Sunday

dawnacobb at mindspring.com dawnacobb at mindspring.com
Fri Sep 22 21:37:22 EDT 2006

Hi all: Come out to "the beach" this Sunday from 3-5 and meet up with some of JHU student neighbors.  This is JHU's effort to bring us together.  There will be live music and free food.  Bring the kids, too.  Hope to see you there. Pres. Brody's invite is below.  Dawna Cobb

September 1, 2006

Dear Neighbor,

I write to invite you to join other residents of the neighborhoods surrounding the
Homewood Campus, as well as Johns Hopkins University students and administrators
at the second annual "Student * Community Get-Together" gathering at the
“Beach,” on the Homewood campus, in front of the Eisenhower Library (33rd and N.
Charles Streets), on Sunday, September 24, 2006 from 3:00 p.m. * 5:00 p.m. (inclement
weather location: SS. Philip & James Church basement, 2801 N. Charles Street).

This invitation is being extended to residents of the communities surrounding the
Homewood campus and JHU students.

This event is sponsored by my office, the Office of Student Life/Dean of Students,
and the Office of Community Affairs, and is one of several initiatives designed
promote positive interaction between community residents and the students who live
among you.

We hope that you will come and bring your families. In addition to light fare and
refreshments, we'll have a variety of entertainment. We plan also to take advantage
of this opportunity to make you aware of various University resources to which you
have access, such as athletic contests, arts and cultural opportunities, and a world
of lectures, symposiums, forums, and other presentations.

Bring a folding chair, picnic blanket, a Frisbee, or croquet set, your family and
neighbors, and join us we become better acquainted with each other at this informal
get-together.

I look forward to seeing you on the Homewood campus throughout the year.

Sincerely yours,

William R. Brody