[Chat] Assessment notices...nothing like it for rousing New Year cheer

JASON GOUCHER gouchfolk at verizon.net
Mon Dec 31 21:27:41 EST 2007

Hi, Fellow Charles Village Homeowners!
Anyone else feeling pummeled after receiving their recent Assessment Notices?
We received ours today and our new market value is MORE THAN DOUBLED from the previous assessment notice three years ago.  Most alarming to me is the land valuation MORE THAN TRIPLING from the previous assessment.
I don't know about anyone else's perception, but living on North Calvert Street has not gotten any quieter, cleaner, or less traveled over the past three years.  In fact, we are still reeling and dealing with the aftermath of the recent sewer installation that had us enjoying a very large and deep pit on the side of our home for the first quarter of 07.
Jason and I are obviously appealing this assessment, but were just wondering what others were thinking or planning to do in response to their most recent valuations/assessments?

Despite this most recent affront from the City and State...really, Happy New Year to everyone!  Cheers to the Village!

Cathy Goucher