[Chat] Board of Zoning Appeals

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Thu Feb 1 21:21:08 EST 2007

It would not hurt to get neighbors to sign a petition opposing the
conversions.  And police reports on the disturbances, if available,
would not hurt.  But what is most important is to see whether the law
allows such conversion.  The last hearing that  I went to (about a house
on Guilford) began with the zoning board saying that it did not think
that it had the power to grant the request for more apartments than were
already there.  Also, get information about the parking situation there;
unless the houses have sufficient off-street parking, the conversions
may be illegal.

Steve.