[Chat] House Inquiry

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Fri Jan 5 14:01:51 EST 2007

The northwest of Chas and 31st is the Dell, or the old Wyman estate
gatehouse (now the News-Letter office).  You must mean the northeast
corner.  It's been doctor's offices, but that's all I know about it.

Linda

Linda Forlifer
Assistant Managing Editor, Books Division
410-516-6911     (fax 516-4440)
LEF at press.jhu.edu

Johns Hopkins University Press
America's Oldest University Press / Founded 1878

>>> oldhousehistory at aol.com 1/5/2007 1:57:15 PM >>>
I've been curious about the c.1965 one-story, green house that sits on
the northwest corner of N. Charles Street and 31st Street, across the
Street from X and O.

Its just so out of place, looking like it should be situated in a tree
lined suburb from the 1960s.  Does anyone know about its history?

I suspect it might have been a model home of some sort, moved into
place after an exhibition, perhaps?

We're in the final stages of our history book on Charles Village, and
we have unearthed many fascinating tidbits and individuals that we can't
wait to share with all of you.  Look out for lots of inquires here as we
finalize and fact check, for which we need all of your memory as long
time CV residents.

Paul K. Williams
Kelsey & Associates, Inc.
2629 Guilford Avenue