[Chat] Fwd: Our annual coat drive

Linda Forlifer LEF at press.jhu.edu
Thu Jan 25 14:58:56 EST 2007

Hi Steve,

Can you give us more information?  How many children were able to
receive coats and at which schools?

thanks,

Linda

>>> gewirtz at bellatlantic.net 1/25/2007 2:26:27 PM >>>
This shows that Charles Village can get together for an important
project at our three elementary schools.

Steve.

Cwilsonportlight at cs.com wrote:
> Steve:
>
> I would appreciate it if you would post this on the discussion list
and on your list serv as well.

> To all:
>
> Last night we delivered our last 20 coats to the Vista/Americorps
liaison person to pass out at Dallas Nicholas School.

> I would like to personally and openly thank the following individuals
and groups of people who assisted us this year:

> Heart's Place Shelter,
> St. John's United Methodist Church,
> Councilman Bernard "Jack" Young,
> Residents of Harford County,
> Doctor Carolyn Hilldreth,
> and members of Peabody Heights Resident Homeowners Alliance, Inc.,
>
> who made it possible for us to cover three schools this year instead
of just the one school we were able to assist last year.  I think that
this project is one of the most important things that we as a community
can offer our children.  To see a child have to walk to school in tee
shirts,
> or inappropriate clothing is wrong and we are pleased that we have
been able to expand this to all of the schools within our community.

> It is our hope that next year we will be able to double the amount of
this year and that we continuously move forward to ensure that no child
has to endure the cold of winter without proper clothing.