[Chat] Kumari restaurant

Emil Volcheck volcheck at acm.org
Thu Jan 25 21:35:14 EST 2007

Hello, neighbors,

Earlier this week, Kathleen and I ate at the Kumari restaurant at 911
N. Charles.  This restaurant serves Indian and Nepalese food.
I thought the food was quite tasty.  It's not a large place.  Our waiter
was attentive and service was pretty fast.  We asked for food that was
typically Nepalese rather than Indian, and our waiter was quite happy
to make recommendations.  Kathleen got a bamboo soup as an appetizer.
I liked it.  It was more like a broth with pleasant bamboo and tomato
flavors.  There was a Nepalese vegetable appetizer that was carrots
with a spicy ginger paste.  The main dish I liked the most was a noodle
dish called Chow Chow.  The sauce had great flavor, and tahini was one
ingredient.  The sauteed mushrooms in cream sauce were quite tasty.
I tried the yellow lentils but thought them rather bland.

I'd recommend trying Kumari if you like Indian or Afghani food.

Another plus: it's right above Liam's Pint-sized Pub, which is
a small microbrew pub, started by a local.  Unfortunately, it was
closed the day we were there, so I haven't tried it out.

Emil Volcheck
volcheck at acm.org
http://acm.org/~volcheck