[Chat] Another viewpoint on Clean Sweep

Derek Demaree derek.demaree at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 15:03:44 EDT 2007

Hello Neighbors to the North --

I wonder if there was some kind of mistake on just where the Clean Sweep
placards were placed.  At the kickoff meeting for Operation Protect last
Monday night, we were told that the extra city services provided by
Operation Protect would extend only from *North to 25th, Calvert to Homewood
*, and I assumed that included the Clean Sweep portion as well.

Down here on the 2300 block of Calvert, they did a bang-up job...a team of
people hauled away *everything* we and our neighbors put out there --
lumber, scrap metal, gardening supplies, old trash cans.  Then they sent a
team up to sweep the privately-owned-but-neglected parking lots on either
side of 24th between Guilford & Calvert, using a push broom to remove not
only the blowing trash but also all of the broken glass. I can't complain at
all.

I think you can route Operation Protect queries through Erin Cunningham at
erin.cunningham at baltimorecity.gov or 410-545-3355.  She's one of the City
Hall staffers that explained all this at the kickoff meeting last week.

Derek Demaree
Old Goucher Community Association