[Chat] Charles Villager Distribution-CORRECTION

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Thu Mar 22 12:03:37 EDT 2007

Christine and other interested neighbors:

I promised Chuck Bullamore that I would correct statements made in my earlier
email (see below) about the distribution of the Charles Villager.

I checked with Anne Raines, the Membership Chair of the Charles Village Civic
Association Board of Directors and she reported to me that receiving the
Charles Villager is not currently a benefit of membership in the CVCA.  Chuck
Bullamore reports that the Villager is mailed to lifetime members of the CVCA who
have moved out of the District.  Otherwise, The Villager is distributed to as
many residents of Charles Village as there are volunteer distribution captains
on every block.  So if you are not getting a copy delivered to your home, it
is because there is no one on that block volunteering to distribute it.  You
can either contact Chuck Bullamore about volunteering to distribute the
Villager on your block or you can pick one up at Eddie's Market and other
distribution points around the Village.

You might also contact Katie Beltz, Block Leader Coordinator, at the Charles
Village Community Benefits District (CVCBD) to see whether there is a block
leader on your block.  If there is you can contact your leader to see if they
might be interested in distributing the Charles Villager on your block.  If they
are they should contact Chuck Bullamore to make arrangements to distribute.
Or Katie might persuade you to be a block leader yourself.

At the CVCA Board meeting last night Sandy Sparks reported that the next
issue is about to be distributed in the next day or two. With the help of others
on this list I will try to remember to let this list know when future issues
are being distributed.  I think that it is important for as many people to get
the Villager as possible.  However, because the Villager is distributed by
volunteers, it needs more volunteers if it is going to be distributed more widely.

Chuck Bullamore does a yeoman's job in coordinating the effort and I did not
intend to suggest that his job duties should be increased in any way.  Anne
Raines said it best, "I suppose from my point of view as a member [of the CVCA],
the chief benefit of membership is to have at one's service the dedicated
group of volunteers who act as the 'Minutemen' of Charles Village. Everything
else is icing on the cake! "

If you want to learn more about becoming a member of the Charles Village
Civic Association check out its website at charlesvillage.net.

Sharon L. Guida
2746 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218