[Chat] [Discussion] Tom Lehrer's Elements song

Stephen J Gewirtz gewirtz at bellatlantic.net
Thu Mar 22 11:39:52 EDT 2007

Judy,

There are 92 that occur naturally, plus others like plutonium (used in
bombs) that are produced in nuclear reactors.  Some exist only for a
fraction of a second before they decay (and I'm not sure how they are
produced or detected).  But there now are more than 100; I'm not sure
how many.  But the graphics in the song list those discovered since the
song was written.

Steve.