[Chat] Eddies Liquor

OldHouseHistory at aol.com OldHouseHistory at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 16:09:58 EST 2007

Not long ago, I went into Eddies Liquor, and I was struck that the normally
low stock of wine was almost depleted entirely.  My partner and I complain
about their normal stock being rather pathetic...maybe 4-5 bottles of about 30
varieties, but this visit I was struck when I saw a total of about 35 wine
bottles in the entire place.

All the floor bins were empty, and the remaining bottles were arranged  along
the shelves with one bottle about every twelve inches.  It seems they  were
not awaiting delivery of any wine soon, but spreading out stock to make it
look more full.

Anybody heard an explanation?  If I didn't know better, I would say  the
store is going out of business.

Paul K.  Williams
Kelsey & Associates, Inc
1929 13th Street, NW