[Chat] Eddies Liquor

Andre Barnett barnettandre at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:42:48 EST 2007

Hi Paul,

I did ask them and the response was Hopkins students are wiping them out.  This was back in early September.  I had the same going out of business thought and I did ask them directly.  But the employees said no, not going out of business.  Still, kinda strange.

Andre

Not long ago, I went into Eddies Liquor, and I was struck that the normally low stock of wine was almost depleted entirely.  My partner and I complain about their normal stock being rather pathetic...maybe 4-5 bottles of about 30 varieties, but this visit I was struck when I saw a total of about 35 wine bottles in the entire place.

All the floor bins were empty, and the remaining bottles were arranged along the shelves with one bottle about every twelve inches.  It seems they were not awaiting delivery of any wine soon, but spreading out stock to make it look more full.

Anybody heard an explanation?  If I didn't know better, I would say the store is going out of business.

Paul K. Williams