[Chat] City Council Hearing on Traffic Calming Issues Tues Sept 25 at 5 pm

SLG2700 at cs.com SLG2700 at cs.com
Sat Sep 22 10:24:53 EDT 2007

Neighbors and other interested persons:

I think that our effort to effect traffic calming on 28th Street would be
well served by your attendance at this upcoming city council hearing and/or your
review of the Traffic Calming and Pedestrian Friendliness study with comments
sent to Mary Pat Clarke. See link to study and instructions below.

A good showing of interested citizens would help our cause. I plan to attend
so contact me if you would like to carpool.

Sorry if you get this message more than once as I am sending it to several
different lists and your name may be on more than one of those lists.

Sharon L. Guida
2746 Maryland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21218
410-889-0436 (home)
410-467-4409 (work)
410-467-4410 (work fax)
410-960-1139 (cell)
SLG2700 at cs.com

A Message from Mary Pat Clarke

14th District

Baltimore City Council

Legislative Alert:

Calming-Down the “Zoom Zoom” in our Residential Neighborhoods

On Tuesday, September 25, at 5pm,

City Council Chambers, City Hall

The City Council’s Land Use &Transportation Committee will

conduct public hearings on two traffic-calming issues

1) Draft Report of the Traffic Calming and Pedestrian-Friendliness Task Force

To read this document, please go to:
http://www.baltimorecity.gov/news/press/0707/TrafficCalmingReport.pdf

To respond to recommendations, please attend the hearing or “reply” to me.

I will compile and report-on constituent comments.

The Committee can request amendments to the report.

2) Request for State Legislation - Automated Speed Enforcement

This resolution requests our Baltimore City Delegation to the General
Assembly to authorize automated speed cameras for speed enforcement in Baltimore
City. With a shortage of Police officers, Baltimore City needs to diversify its
speed enforcement options.

It is my understanding that a local subdivision’s delegation can authorize
such devices, county-by-county, as Montgomery County has done. More details as
the General Assembly process evolves for the 2008 session.

If attending these hearings, please bring a picture ID for admission to City
Hall.

Thanks for inspiring these efforts, from the neighborhoods up!

Mary Pat